Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Whats new in our lives?

Not much. I desperately need/want to wean JZ but he doesn't like it so much. Some days it's pretty easy to distract him, other days it doesn't work so well. He has been waking 5-7 times in a night. It's been suggested that if we wean he will quit waking at night. Maybe, it worked for A when she was a baby but I can't figure out a good time for me to miss at least three nights of any sleep at all to get up and walk him back to sleep a dozen times each night. Yes, dh would help but he has been crazy busy doing overtime at work. He needs sleep too. So either I get a little sleep nursing him 5-7 times each night for ever and ever or I get up and walk with him until he goes back to sleep. Biggest problem is that he is a super light sleeper. It's very hard to lay him down after we put him to sleep and have him stay asleep. So I get up, walk with him for 1/2+ hour until he is limp asleep, lay down with him, wait until he relaxes again, move him over to his spot and pray he doesn't wake up. If he wakes up we start all over again. Most of the time if he does wake up right away he wants nothing but nursing. I've never been one to let my babies cry themselves to sleep but I've been tempted a few times. It's sad because the biggest thing stopping me is that I don't have a crib to put him in and wouldn't have anyplace to put it even if I did.

I need sleep!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That must be very hard camille! I wish I knew what to say to make it all better! I HAd to let "L" CIO fianlly once he was 17months old. It was the worst thing for me, but at the same time the best thing we did. With "M" I weaned her at night at 7 months and stopped co-sleeping with her, because I knew I would get another "L" if I didn't. She never once had to CIO. I guess I got lucky with her. Good luck! (HUGS)