Friday, January 4, 2008

Lots to catch up on

First, there is JA's broken arm. He was ice skating with some friends and ran into someone and fell. When I found out that he had continued skating for another hour and a half I knew it had to be sprained. A person can't possibly skate for that long with a broken arm. LOL I took him to the ER just to be safe and, yep, it's broken! So he had nice green cast for Christmas. He was a bit disappointed because he has been practising his clarinet so he could play it for our Christmas eve program and then couldn't because of the cast. Oh well!

Next there is my accident. I haven't talked about it very much so I don't think most of you know. I'm not even sure my inlaws know. Anyway I was on my way to a meeting during a snowstorm. I was going about 45 on the freeway and hit a pile of accumulated slush. It made me spin around and slide into the median. I smashed up the tail of my van pretty good. I'm irritated because the only reason I had to call the police was because I was backwards on the freeway and couldn't figure out how to get turned around safely with all the traffic. I, of course, got a ticket, which I am so not happy about. I was just really greatful that I didn't hit any other cars, I didn't get hurt and I was still able to drive my van afterwards. The car is now in the shop and I'm driving a little podunk Taurus!

Third, Christmas. We had a very nice Christmas. We had a fun party at my inlaws house Sunday night. My inlaws gave me some serving bowls, which I desperately needed. We had yummy chicken cordon bleu for dinner. My kids had lots of fun with cousin's and loved the gifts they got from Grandma and Grandpa. My bil and sil gave us gift cards to Applebee's and Blockbuster, which we used on New Years Day. Thank you Steve and Michelle!

We spent Christmas Eve at my parents. We ate dinner, then had a Christmas Eve program where everyone did their own planned presentation. Some played the piano, some sang and some read stories or poems. Then the kids all opened pj's and we had dessert then went home and to bed. Dh and I had finished all the wrapping previously so we didn't have to stay up.

Christmas morning, the kids got up at 7:30. My oldest set his alarm just so they would get up earlier. Everyone was mad at him! They would have all slept until probably 8:30 or 9 if he hadn't done that. Oh well! We had strawberry and banana crepes for breakfast, then opened gifts. JZ wanted all the gifts except his own! Later, after we finished opening gifts, we went to my Moms house and opened more presents. All the kids pitched in a gave her a stove. She hasn't had one for a year and was exstatic!

Dh and I got new callings for the new year. Dh got called to teach the 9yo's and I got called to the nursery. I'm really, really not happy about this. I've been literally counting down the weeks until JZ could go to the nursery and then they go and put me in it with him. Why do they do that?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Camille!! What a whirl wind!! I noticed your car on the Sunday before Christmas, but forgot to ask how it happened. I am glad you are ok. But, that really really sucks!!!
And I agree that it is soooo evil to put you in nursery with your child. I am sorry!!
I was wondering when you would post a blog again, sheesh girl, it has been too long!!!!!!!! I need to call you. :) haha

Kris said...

That is what they did to both Joe and me. And I am still in with Mary now in sunbeams. You have had some crazy weeks.