Tuesday, April 29, 2008

As if I didn't have enough on my plate

Lets see, where to start? JA went in yesterday for his regular diabetic checkup and it's not good news. In spite of all the changes we've made and watching his blood sugar checks closer (obviously still not close enough) his average blood sugar (Aic) is still way too high (10.7). The Dr needs to know if he is getting the right amount of insulin and the only way to really do that is to put him in the children's hospital for a few days. We have to check in today after one and then he will be there until Thursday. As much as I would love to stay there with him the whole time I just can't imagine I will get much sleep on those lovely hospital beds with my big ol fat pregnant body! LOL So I will come home during the night and stay there all day.

Sunday, SR had a fever. Actually she was complaining first about a rash on her bottom. It didn't look like a diaper rash type of thing (she wears pullups at night) but I wasn't really sure what it was. She said she felt fine otherwise so we all got ready and went to church. As soon as we got there I realized she had a fever so dh brought her home (10yo was home sick, next story!). Monday I looked at the sores again and realized they looked like chicken pox. I still don't know for sure what it is because she only has the three on her bottom and she got them before the fever but they really look like what I remember cp looking like. Since we don't know for sure we are going to treat her as if she has it and take the proper precautions. I was concerned about putting JA in the childrens hospital but the nurse assured me that since he has been vaccinated they won't worry about it. I haven't a clue where she was exposed (to those who are wondering I didn't ever expose her on purpose like I considered. If it is cp obviously the Lord decided for me).

MA has a horrible raw throat with little white spots on it. She started up with a fever on Sunday and the sore throat has gotten to the point where she has quit eating. So I'm going to get her tested for strep today.

So this is my day. I need to take MA to the dr, get JA packed for the hospital and the rest of the kids packed for Grandma's, make some phone calls to make arrangements for the kids, call the midwife I'm working under to discuss situation, pick up prescriptions that my kids will run out of during hospital stay, take all the kids to Grandma's, drop JK and AC off at their classes and then head to the hospital. I won't mind the break at the hospital, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray the doctors get it all figured out quickly and easily, and I hope everyone gets well soon!