Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Copied and pasted from my other blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

It hasn't been a great couple of days

Thursday I dropped my boys off at their co-op then got gas and was on my way home from there and got in a car accident. I went through an intersection where the lights were not working. I stopped then slowly pulled through to show my intention to go through then I started to speed up. When I was about 3/4 the way through the intersection a car hit me. She was an elderly woman that didn't notice that the lights were not working and didn't stop. She hit me in the right front of my van, thank goodness because I had my four younger kids with me. If she had hit me in the side my 8yo dd or 2yo ds would have been hit. All the kids were fine. I hurt a couple of fingers really bad, although they aren't broken, and the muscles all through my back hurt pretty bad. I'm going to see a chiropractor on Monday and a massage therapist possibly on Tuesday.

Then Friday our dog got out and got bit by some neighbors dog that was out in it's yard. He's got two deep gashes on his back near his neck. We have absolutely no money for a vet so I cleaned them out with essential oils and glued them with super glue. So far it seems to be working. I'm going to rinse them several times today with the essential oils so hopefully it doesn't get infected.

My 6yo dd has an abcess on her gum and my 2yo has a nasty sounding cough. It can only get better from here, right?

Posted this morning- March 24, 2009

Saturday I ended up with a stomach bug. I woke up feeling fine but by 2:00 I was super sick. My kids had it the week before and I thought I had escaped it while I was in Oregon. It had been 7 days since someone had thrown up. You know it's a strong bug when I get it. Usually stomach issues pass right by me, I can count on one hand how many times I've actually thrown up from one. I finally got an appetite back Sunday night.

Sunday my 8mo started a fever that didn't come down until this morning. I've done nothing but hold baby for two days. I have no idea why she got it, my kids rarely get fevers and she had no other symptoms.

Our dogs wounds opened up last night and started bleeding again. I guess I'm going to have to take him to the vet. Hopefully they will let us pay in two days. I desperately need a calm few days.

I went and saw my chiropractor friend yesterday. He sent me for xrays and I have my first adjustment today. He also has a massage therapist on staff so I will also get a gentle massage. I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm really ready for a calm few days.

On a side note, JA is selling Cutler's cookie dough for a fund raiser. It's a tub of dough that makes about 4 dozen cookies. LMK if you are interested in a tub or two (or three, hee-hee). They are $15 a tub. It comes in Milk Chocolate Chip, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Pecan, Brownie Fudge, Classic Sugar.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I hope things get way better!! I'm so sorry for the hard times.