Monday, March 16, 2009

{{{Deep Breath}}} It's time.

I'm ready. I went to the Midwifery Today conference in Eugene Oregon this past week. I learned many new thoughts and ideas but the biggest thing I brought home was more confidence in what I already know. I went to a lot of classes on complications in labor and delivery and the whole time I felt like it was just a reminder of what I already knew. My friend quizzed me several times on my knowledge and while she gave some alternate suggestions I still felt like I could more than adequately deal with the situations presented.



I don't know everything. I will be the first to admit that. I have a long way to go to be considered knowledgeable. I have a really long way to go before I could be considered wise, if ever. What I do know is that I feel competent. I will have a midwife friend check my prenatal records and come to births with me until I become confident enough to do it on my own. It's been suggested that that happens around 100 births so that is my goal.



So what am I saying? I'm in business! I'm hanging my shingle out and looking for clients that are willing to be a bit of guinea pig until I figure out what in the world I'm doing with the business end of things. I can't promise that I will be completely professional but we will have lots of fun. I can promise that my clients health and that of her baby will not be compromised even though I'm admittedly somewhat inexperienced. I bought most the equipment I need and am ready to get started.



I know I don't have a lot of readers and thats ok but I'd like to offer something to you. If you send someone my way that eventually hires me you will get a gift. I haven't decided what it will be yet but it will be worth your time. Also, for the first person that hires me I will take $200 off my fee, which is already lower than any of the other midwives in the area. She will also get a free belly cast and henna art on her belly along with a few other surprises. Sound good? I think most of you have my phone number but if you don't let me know and give me your email address and I will send it to you. I will also have a web site together some time this week and I will post that as soon as I have it ready.

5 comments:

Emily Gray Clawson said...

congratulations on your great news! You were great at my birth and I'd definitely recommend you to anyone. I'll keep my ears open for anyone looking for a midwife. Good luck!

Brandi said...

Congrats on being open for business! That's awesome, Camille!

sara said...

Congrats! I know my friend is going to love you. She's way excited! Hey I'm excited for ALL of you guys!

Nemmer said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Quinn said...

Too bad I am not growing a baby in there ;) LOL

But YAY!!! Congratulations.