Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School starting and weight

School starts on Thursday. Actually, co-ops start Thursday. We aren't starting our school at home until Monday. We are sloooowly pulling our house back together after our adventurous summer. If things work out well we should have it all clean by Saturday and Monday we can begin our winter school schedule.

The boys are sooo excited to start school on Thursday. They are taking ballroom dance, Thomas Jefferson Youth Certification and Parliamentary Procedure. They both really wish they can take Shakespeare again but they are only allowed to take it two years and last year was their second year. I'm not sure they would have time for it anyway. The TJYC class is really going to kick their butts! In ballroom dance they will be learning how to do lifts with the girls. That should be fun! They have to start doing some arm exercise to build up their arms so they CAN lift the girls.

As for my girls, the oldest two will be taking a literature class, then the oldest will be taking a history class and two science classes. She will also start Girl scouts. The oldest two will also have Achievement Days for our church. MA will be very busy this year! Makes me wonder if I should be doing more for my SR. She isn't involved with anything. Maybe I can form a reading class or something for kids her age.

So, I know I'm only 6 weeks postpartum, but the weight is depressing me. I have never weighed as much postpartum as I do now. In fact the only time I've ever weighed as much as I do right now is while I've been pregnant. Someone mentioned that a relative gained a bunch of weight after they were put on blood thinners so I suspect that is why but it's still frustrating. I have got to do something about if for no other reason so that I can have some clothes to wear. I can't start a full exercise program yet but I think I'm going to start walking around the block. Then I'm going to add some more fruit, vegies and whole grains and try to eat only lean meat. Hopefully that will be a good start.

Tomorrow is AC's 8th birthday. She has been looking forward to this for a long time because it means she gets to be baptized into our church. We have a birthday party planned for her tomorrow and then she gets baptized on Saturday. Yay for her!

No comments: