Sunday, May 4, 2008

He is home

When I got to the hospital on Thursday I met with JA's Dr and he said that since his numbers were fine during the night that he would be able to go home. He needed to meet with the psychologist one more time and go to a nutrition class and then would be done. We left about 12:30 and he decided he wanted to go to the remainder of his classes for the day so we got home, he showered, then I took him to school. He said everyone was very surprised to see him.

He has done great since we came home but he always does for the first week or two after a Dr's appt. The real test is to see if he continues. We have made a few changes in routine so hopefully that helps.

I was recently told that mild cases of cp can come and go. When I picked up SR on Thursday she had a few more spots on her lip. I assumed because of that that it was not cp until somebody told me otherwise, course that wasn't until after she played with a friend on Saturday! I'm feeling frustrated because of it! I just wish I could say for sure one way or another. It would have been much easier if she had just gotten a full blown case of it.

It's been a crappy pregnancy day. I am now in the portion of my pregnancy that I dread from day one. I get heartburn so bad that I start dreading the thought of food. I usually spend the first half of the night sitting upright until whatever I ate before bed (I don't eat any later than 7:00, I go to bed at 10) finally gets digested. A lot of the time that doesn't even help. I've tried every remedy known to man, NOTHING works! This pregnancy I'm finding my blood sugar slowly creeping up. It used to be that the only thing that affected it was a lot of straight sugar all at once. I've taking a cup of jelly beans here. Now I can't seem to have any more than about 55 carbs for breakfast or it goes high. Between the two I'm beginning to feel a real aversion to food.

I just wrote a long whiny paragraph that I've decided I don't really want to share but sufficeth to say I'm sick of the pain and ctx and I still have at least 12 weeks left. I would spend most of my time crying my eyes out except I can't stand the stuffy nose that goes along with it. The biggest thing I worry about is that most of the time I don't care whether or not I'm having contractions so I ignore them. You don't have to remind me how risky that is.

A friend from church told me today that she is pregnant. I think she said she was around 8 or 9 weeks. I'm not quite certain what she wanted from me. First she stated that she wants to get to the point where she has homebirths but for now she wants to stay with her OB but that her OB is changing hospitals to one further away from us. Then she said something about a midwife. (Still trying to figure out staying w/ ob and going to midwife too? Maybe a mixed practice?) I told her that even though I can't take the national exam to become certified until August 2009 I could still be a DEM before that and that I also planned on talking to some midwives about being my backup. So then she backed up and said she wasn't ready for a homebirth yet. At first I thought she was wanting me to be her midwife but I realized after the conversation that I didn't quite know what she wanted. Anyway, just thought it was interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had cp when I was 12yo. I had a poc on my chin for a week before it went full blown.

I hope JA continues to do well!

HUGS!!! for the all the pg pain and frustrations.