Friday, August 3, 2007

Grandma's house

The big kids have spent the last two days at Grandma's house helping her clean house. It is hard on my only because I get used to have big kids help when I need to get things done, so needless to say, I haven't gotten very much done!

Last night I went to a homeschooling meeting for our teen group. It has put a lot of my worries for the year to rest. I was worried because I knew the boys would want to take some scholar level classes and I knew they would be super busy, like studying 5 or more hours per day for each class. It turns out that all of the scholar level classes won't be offered this year. Each of my sons will have two scholar level classes, one each semester. They will also be taking them together, which also works really well for them. JA tends to push JK while JK tends to keep JA on earth so it's a good thing. They will also be taking a public speaking class/parliamentary procedure class and Shakespeare and JK will be taking Ballroom dance again.

In the midwifery news I learned how to draw blood this morning! I got it on the first try, too. I'm blaming it on beginners luck, though. The girl I did it on had great veins. We also went through the birth center that S owns and she showed us where all the supplies were. Now I just need to go on a few births.

No comments: