Thursday, August 16, 2007

A title

I'm terrible at coming up with titles for my posts because my posts just seem to be about life in general. I suppose it could be "free soap!" because I got 5 bottles of free laundry soap yesterday using PYP and a $10 gift certicate. That should last us about 3 months! I was pretty happy about that.

I guess I could also title it "Happy Birthday JK" since today is his 15th birthday. 15 years ago today at this time I was checking in to labor and delivery. It was a textbook delivery. 12 hour labor, epidural at 12, prom at 2, pit at 3, push twice and deliver baby about 7. I wish I knew then what I know now but I learned things so it's ok. He is such a sweet boy! So incredibly responsible and easy to get along with. I tell him to be home at a certain time and he is home. Tell him to clean his room and he cleans it. We rarely argue about anything. JZ adores him and he is a very responsible babysitter.

I could title it "Finally over the sickies!" JA and A got it Saturday night but the only thing that happened was that they couldn't sleep and just didn't feel good. M and JK got it Sunday and they got it really bad. Both threw up and got diarhea and felt terrible for two days. Yesterday was the first really good day for everyone.

M saw the dr on Tuesday for her tummy pain. She said the symptoms point toward two things. Chronic constipation, which I doubt, and gallbladder. We did an xray to rule out the constipation and a bunch of blood tests. If the xray comes back normal we will do some tests on her gallbladder. I should hear back from them today.

For those in my area, you need to come to a pampering/ moms day (hour) out open house at my house. I have a friend that makes lotions and other pampering fun out of her home. Everybody raves about her lotions! Plus it's kind of cool cause she leaves everything unscented and you get to choose your scent from about 50 different scents. If you want to come it's from 11-2 on Saturday.

Hum I think that is all for this update. Oh yeah, rebecca asked me about recipes. The lasagna recipe was just a basic lasagna recipe. You don't have to cook the noodles first either. Just layer it in your crockpot, noodles uncooked but hamburger cooked, and then cook it until it's done. I started it on high about 3 and we ate at 6 and it could have used at least another hour. As for the yogurt, I will post that later since I have to look up the recipe.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Happy Birthday JK!!! I am happy everyone is feeling better. I am excited to see you on Sat.