Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Life goes by fast!

Amazing how my "days off" get filled up incredibly fast! Sunday was crazy as always. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner after Sunday. Dh's Sister and BIL were telling us how incredibly bad the schools are where they live. The kids are continuously faced with making decisions that I would never dream of at that age. It brings to mind the prophesy " Bad will be made to look good and Good will look bad", something to that effect. And you wonder why we homeschool! Of course this is the area 45 min south of where I live that is well known for it's crimes but I wonder how much longer before it gets worse in this area.

Yesterday I didn't have any prenatals until 6:30 so I had sort of a day off. My sil has been asking me to teach her how to use coupons and shop the sales using the http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com site. So I invited her down and just before she got here one of my sweet friends brought me 2 years worth of Midwifery Today to read! YIPPEE! Thats Christmas for me! I then spent about 3 hours with my sil teaching her how to do it and doing the actual shopping. Somewhere in between there my fil stopped by to pick up a drill that dh was supposed to get ready and didn't. So I had to go out to the garage amidst chaos and find this drill and two bits, not having even a clue what I was looking for! LOL I did finally find them after a bit of trial and error, thank goodness. But why is it my inlaws only come when I'm in the middle of chaos?

I left right after dinner to go to the prenatal we had and then got home about 8:30 and crashed. I was tired! Then I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I'm very sleepy today.

Today I was scheduled to have prenatals from 9:00 until 12:00 but the last two didn't show so I was home by 12:00. That was nice but brilliant me, I decided I would use the time to make much needed bread and yogurt and put lasagna in the crockpot. I realized I didn't have cheese so, brilliant me, I took the 4 younger kids to the store. Great idea, Mom! LOL So here I sit, hoping my lasagna will get done by dinner time, praying my bread will raise and my yogurt will set. Oh, yeah, and with a burn on my arm to show for it. The tomato sauce for the lasagna spit at me while it was simmering. I couldn't believe how fast it burned my skin. Sigh! All the while I was wishing I was at calm prenatals. LOL

Tonight I get to go see Bye-Bye Byrdie with the Relief Society. I didn't think I'd be able to go although I dearly wanted to, but someone gave me a ticket they weren't going to use. Yay!

No comments: