Saturday, August 4, 2007

Weight loss ticker

I've decided it's time for more accountability in my weight loss success. I had lost 5.5 and now 4 lbs are back! Blech! I've been saying for several weeks that "today was just a bad day, I don't always eat like this". It suddenly occurred to me that every day was like that and, yes, I do eat that bad! Not good! My biggest problem is that I eat way too much junk food. It has got to change. Both my parents have Type II diabetes and I have a brother that is teetering on the edge of it and I am determined to not join them! I have got to start eating healthy TODAY!!! I don't even care so much about losing the actual pounds since I'm just barely on the edge of weighing more than I should. I just need to start eating right. Thank goodness I already have the exercise down. I go walking/bike riding with a friend 5 days a week. Dh and I have been making a small effort to go Saturday's too but the last month of Saturdays have been way too busy to go.

These are my hangups, the things I need to work on:
-I am breastfeeding so I feel hungry all the time. I need to just learn to stay out of the kitchen.
-I drive 2 hours one day a week, sometimes twice. I always get the munchies when I drive long distances.
-I am a huge chocoholic and so is the rest of my family. If we don't have treats around my family feels terribly deprived. I've been able to say no before, I can do it again.
-Date nights. I need to get dh to take me to better places so I can make better choices.

With that said, here are my goals:
-Stay out of the kitchen during non-eating times. Remember to take one extra minute to eat a healthy snack versus an easy grab.
-Take an extra few minutes the night before my long drive to get some snacks together for the long drive. Pick up some good for me crackers to keep in the car in case I don't have time or forget.
-Just say NO. I've done it before, I can do it again. My Mom gave me some turtles that she bought me on a trip to Yellowstone. I am so tempted to just hurry and eat them all today so I can start tomorrow but I know the better thing to do is to give them to my kids.
-Tell dh my plans so he can help me make healthier choices on our date nights.
-Update http://www.blogger.com/www.fitday.com everyday to help me stay honest with myself.

So, here we go! I have no goals to finish by a certain date because this needs to be a life long change but maybe I will give myself a small reward for every 5 lb loss or for every 5 days of eating right.

3 comments:

Kris said...

You are starting off right. I am glad you joined the blogging world. We still need to come down and go swimming. Maybe sometime this week. Which day is good for you?

Camille said...

I don't know. Probably Thursday or Friday would be good. Call me.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Camille! Be sure to keep posting about it.