Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm trying sooo hard to not look at my house!

But today it's really getting to me! There is not one spot in this entire house that is not completely covered with crap! Yeah, I could ask for help but I'd be completely embarrassed for anyone to step foot in here! My visiting teachers came last night and, of course, I downplayed everything and didn't ask for help although it's probably obvious we aren't doing so great in the cleaning department. I'm trying to figure out why we were able to keep the house so much cleaner last time while on bedrest. The only thing I can think of is that my Mom was coming often and keeping the kids on task and I didn't have an (almost) 2yo constantly destroying every thing. I was watching him last night and thinking about what he had done over a period of a day and thinking "no wonder my house is a disaster!"

I missed the Red Tent park day yesterday. I'm very sad about it! Hopefully I can go to the next one. I miss my friends.

5 weeks left. Actually I would happy with 3 more weeks. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow.

Anyone ever have to get a copy of a social security card? I really need to get JK's but it's proving very difficult. They want two forms of ID but all we have is a birth certificate. They want some kind of id card that has his picture on it. The only place he is going to get one is from public school and he doesn't go. We have his homeschool exemption certificate but I don't know if that is acceptable since there is no picture on it. We could make a homemade version, but once again, I don't know if that will be good enough. My biggest issue is that there are possibilities but the only way I'm going to find out if they will be good enough is to go to the SS office and wait in line for 3 hours. Not thrilled about that since I shouldn't be doing very much anyway and if it doesn't work then I have to find something that does and then stand in line three hours again. He has to have it to take the drivers test so he can take drivers ed in July. I'm also concerned that once I get the process started it will take 6 weeks to get to us. We need it in about 4 weeks! Dh keeps saying we need to just go through the storage and find his original but then doesn't do much more than that. I can't do it by myself, dear! I need you for that! Plus he has a huge list of things to do and it just isn't a priority for him!

We need to sell our Chevy Venture minivan. I'm sad because I really loved that van and planned on driving it until it was undrivable but unfortunately we need a bigger car. We are looking for a Suburban and a smaller car that is easy on gas.

No comments: