Monday, June 2, 2008

What a difference a week makes

We, meaning mostly dh, got lots done so we are doing a bit better than the last time I posted. The brakes are now fixed, we have a working front door, the yard is mostly cleaned up (I just need some little girls to pick up their chalk, dh moved the couches into the garage (hopefully I can get the cushions cleaned this week so we can move it inside) and the costumes are finished. My house is still a wreck but the boys will be home more this week so hopefully we can make some headway with it.

The bad news is that I have put myself on partial bedrest. Which means staying down 90% of the time. I'm hoping to still ward off full time bedrest but the next few days will tell me if that is necessary. Until now, if I rest for a few days after have a really bad bout of contractions I could return to semi normal life. Not so this time. I had a bad day on Thursday, stayed down Friday, did a few things on Saturday, had another bad session Saturday night and Sunday morning. Usually one dose of meds take care of everything but Sunday night was the first time I seriously considered taking a second dose. I never did because the ctx still hurt but they were erratic and spaced far apart (20 min as opposed to the 8 min in the morning). I'm going to get the kids to help me do the laundry today. We have a good system down so I don't end up doing a whole lot myself. The kids bring all the laundry to me, then I sort it. I have front loaders so both the little girls, and even JZ, can help load and unload the machines. I put the soap in. The girls unload the dryer and bring the batch to me then they help me fold it. Everyone puts their own stuff away, dh puts mine away and they take turns putting JZ's stuff away.

The Shakespeare play went really well. JA has to pretend dip kiss a girl! He feels very awkward about it, though. The girl he has to do it with had an Uncle in the audience who is a professional choreographer. He came up to JA afterwards and gave him a few pointers. Hopefully that will help will relax a bit. He looks soooo handsome in his general's uniform. JK did a great job too! We only took video so as soon as I get still pictures I will post them. They have another performance tonight, Wednesday and Thursday then we are done with Shakespeare!!! YIPPEE

If you'd like to see a performance, lmk.

No comments: