Monday, June 16, 2008

This is silly

I keep going to my friends blog to get the link to my blog so I can write an entry! As soon as I'm done with this one I WILL put the link into my favorites! LOL

Yesterday was Fathers Day. Didn't work out the way I would have liked to but it was still fun. I gave dh a new wallet cause his was falling apart. I wanted to fill it full of pics of the family but didn't think of it until yesterday morning and there wasn't enough ink in my picture printer to do it. I will have to get some another time and do it.

We went to my Mom's house after church. I didn't go cause I had done too much on Saturday and woke up with some cramping. I want to lodge an official complaint about our ward! Women get cards on Mothers day and Men get candy and cookies on Fathers day! Whats wrong with this picture! LOL Anyway, at my Mom's house we celebrated all of the May and June b-days (my Moms been busy painting my bro's house). She gave me a $20 gift card to Walmart. Hum, I have no idea what I want to buy! I can think of a dozen things baby, kids, hubby etc but nothing for me. I thought of maternity clothes but I don't want something for just a month of wear. Maybe a new nursing top? Do they sell those? Maybe some music? Am I the only one like that? I don't think women think about themselves enough. Oh, I have another idea! Maybe some bath things. I take a bath quite often for pain relief. It would nice to add some scents or oil or something like that. Or I could add something to my midwife kit. I need a blood pressure cuff. Sounds boring, though. Hum, it could take me a couple of months to use it but if I put it off I will probably use it for something really boring like food! LOL

I'm up very early this morning. Couldn't get back to sleep after JZ woke me up. I really enjoy it even though I probably need sleep more. It is just so nice to have a few hours to myself. No endless chatter, no contant noise from machines, no constantly keeping an eye on a little boy that literally goes from one trouble to the next.

JA has a diabetic appt this morning. As usual I kept a close eye on him in the beginning right after the hospital stay, but as usual, life took over and I haven't checked his meter for awhile to make sure he is testing. He seems to be going through insulin faster and I have seen some good changes so hopefully we will see good results today. One of the biggest changes I've seen is that he has gotten a lot better about keeping a meter with him at all times and taking emergency supplies with him when he goes places.

No comments: