Friday, June 27, 2008

Long day yesterday

I woke up about 5 am and realized I was having contractions. At first they were pretty irratic but eventually they were 15 apart, then 10 min apart. I didn't dare take any meds because my boys were going on Pioneer Trek and I had to buy a few last minute things before they left. So I quickly ran to the store (as fast as a big ol' pg women who is contracting every 10 min possibly can! LOL) then dropped the boys off. I called my friend to see if she would be available to take little people just in case my 11yo started feeling overwhelmed. I couldn't walk and could barely talk through them at this point so I was getting pretty nervous. Took the meds at about 8:30, stayed awake just long enough to make sure they were slowing down and then crashed. Slept until about 11 and realized when I woke up that the contractions were still about 15 min apart. About 1:00 I noticed the contractions getting closer together again. Repeated the meds at 1:30 and called the dr to see if he wanted me to do anything else. Just before I left I realized the contractions were now about 7-9 min apart. He wanted to see me at three. Didn't have anyone to take me and didn't dare drive myself so I called dh to see if he could come home. Coworkers took him to the train and he got home about 2:45.

Got to the Dr and he asked a bunch of questions and checked baby's heartrate. 160's-170's so I knew the terb was effecting her too. Dr wants me on both terb and procardia and wants me to stay down for now. He does not like to check me due to the cervical stitch unless he feels it's absolutely imperative so I don't know if there were changes. He also gave me a steroid shot for the baby's lungs.

Came home, took procardia, contractions finally started spacing out. Sent three youngest to Moms house, kept 11yo to help me. Still having them about every 20 min but very manageable. Woke up with a killer migraine, felt like I had a hangover! Still with contractions 20 minutes apart so I will probably be on meds for a few more days. Looks like today will be a fun day in bed with just my dd and me! We got dh to buy us lots of treats and will make today a movie and pampering day! Just wish I'd gotten him to rent us some movies. We will just have to happy with what we've got around here.

Funny thing that happened at the appt. My doc has had a resident following him around for a few months. I told the resident where to find the heartrate then guessed it was around 160-170. The resident got 180 but timed it for 10 sec. He was having a hard time figuring out what the heart rate was (30X's 6) so I told him it was easier to do it for 6 sec and x's it by 10. So he did it again and got what I got. He was totally impressed that I could guess the heart rate just by listening to it.

The biggest things that worried me were that they were not only consistent regardless of what I did and slowly getting closer together and that I couldn't walk or talk through them. Also that I was still getting them with meds. Hopefully that is the last scare and the next three weeks are uneventful!

1 comment:

sara said...

Call me if you need anything. REALLY. If you want that UC but you need clean up or help with the kids or whatever. Call me.