Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Can't we just be patient???

Ugh, it's driving me crazy! The minute the stitch is out everyone wants me to do everything I can to "get that baby out of you". I'm not even 36 weeks, for heaven's sake! Yesterday I did some light cleaning but since I'm still not up to par yet I'm resting a lot in between. I mentioned to my Mom that everytime I walked the contractions got closer together, I was exhausted and needed a nap more than I needed to run errands with her. She said "well, isn't that what you want? To walk so you can deliver that baby?" Um, not if I'm exhausted and it's not going anywhere anyway! URGH! Besides we want this baby to cook as much as she can before my body has decided it's done. Granted it would have been nice if she had come while my sis was visiting from California since she has never been here for any of my births and usually doesn't get to see them until they are at least 3 months old but it wasn't worth it to do everything I could to achieve that.

The only thing I'm nervous for is that there is a storm coming the next two days and we have a full moon on Friday and dh is having minor surgery on Thursday. He won't be ANY help for at least three days after the surgery. I'm a little nervous that I will go into labor that night or the next day. We have joked about how we will just both be laid up together and the kids would just have to do everything but the truth is I'm not thrilled about the idea, especially since he is my rock while in labor. I don't know how I will get through it without him. If I'm going to go into labor soon I'm praying it will come today or tomorrow or will wait until after Sunday.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

((((())))) That is frustrating! You're doing what's best for you and your baby, no matter how convenient it will be for others. You're a great mom. I've been praying for you. I think it's awesome that you've made it this far. Only a little more to go. Yay! I hope your husband's surgery goes well and that baby holds out for a while longer.
--
Brandi
http://grace.mbdblog.com