Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm a free woman!!!

Wish I could do something about it but, afterall, I am only 35 weeks.

My cervical stitch was removed today. I thought the dr would wait another week or two but apparently all the hard contractions were doing more than I thought they were. I went in for my regular prenatal today and after I told him about the problems I've been having he decided he better check me. He said my cervix was very swollen, the stitch was acting like a tourniquet and digging in my cervix pretty bad. It really needed to come out.

Since then I've had so much cramping that I can barely walk most of the time. The contractions haven't changed much except they are more intense. It will take several days of this to get past the scar tissue that the stitch causes so I don't expect to go into labor anytime soon. It would be really nice if my body would take a chill pill for two more weeks so I can have a homebirth but I don't think it's likely to happen.

So, I will keep things updated as much as possible but I can't promise anything.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Camille!!! I am sorry you are in so much pain!! :( I hope you can have your homebirth too!! Are you gonna call me when you start labor? If you want me there I will be there with my camera!! :)