Thursday, July 3, 2008

Things have finally improved

Well, mostly. Apparently some feel that their need is more than mine so I have lost my biggest helpers, my boys. I don't know how I'm going to get by without their help except that dh and MA can't do it all and I won't expect them to.

I have had my sis taking care of JZ 5 days and I had her bring him home yesterday. 5 days is just too long for a little, not even two yo boy to be away from his Mommy but last night was a challenge for me. Dh's allergies are acting up again so he had a migraine. JZ is very clingy from his days away, understandable, but it was about all I could do to take care of him. This is just not good for me but I'm at a loss as to what else to do.

The good news is that the contractions seem to have settled down for now. It's been several days since I've had to time anything at all concerning. I actually got out for a few hours to run some errands with a friend. I mostly rode in the car with one exception but that felt really good to get out. It usually takes a day or two for activity to affect me so today or tomorrow will tell if the activity and having JZ home makes a difference in contractions.

I told my friend yesterday that I've never been entirely certain that any of the contractions would ever lead any where. I've never actually had a preemie baby and some women just contract like crazy and it never goes any where. Otoh, I have had three different times, three different pg's, that I've torn past the stitch in my cervix. One time was with no contractions, hence the incompetant cervix. The other two times was because of contractions. If I can contract hard enough to dialate past the stitch it only makes sense that I should be careful and any precautions I'm doing ARE helping. I could let go and see where the contractions end up but if I'm wrong and I end up delivering a preemie baby I would always regret it. So what choice do I have?

The other good news is that I only have two more weeks to stitch removal!!!! Yippee!!! I'm 34 weeks today.

1 comment:

Adria said...

I don't know if I realized you were pregnant. 34 weeks is wonderful! I hope the time flies for you.